CJ Betters Enterprises is proposing the development of three
apartment buildings with a total of 36 multi-family residential
units on a 3.65 acre parcel. The proposed development
includes three individual parking garage units, consisting
of five stalls each. The topography of the property required
several retaining walls to provide grade relief across the site.
LDG provided the geotechnical design for this project as
well as the survey, site, permitting, architecture, and MEPS
services. The geotechnical design included:
- Review of published documents for geo-hazards such as geology, deep mining, and landslide susceptibility;
- Subsurface exploration program consisting of 19 borings;
- Laboratory testing program;
- Evaluations of soil and rock parameters, seismic, pavement design, slope stability, bearing capacity, and settlement;
- Preparation of a geotechnical report that documents the services provided and provides recommendations for the design and construction of the proposed facilities.