As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact communities and businesses alike around the world, Larson Design Group (LDG) remains steadfast in its commitment to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, clients and communities.
In addition to taking all necessary precautions in alignment with government and health organization recommendations, such as enacting a remote work environment for our employees and closing our office locations to comply with social distancing, LDG’s Incident Response Team (IRT) continues to meet several times per week in order to monitor our business impact, state and federal government rules and recommendations, and the way forward. We also are looking ahead to a “Transition to Work” phase and enhanced office safety protocols.
“We are taking mitigation and the safety of both our team members and clients, as well as business continuity, into account for every decision we make,” said Keith Kuzio, CEO.
To that end, any field teams who are deemed essential workers and have been continuing to work are subject to strict rules and thorough oversight from our IRT and our Environmental Health and Safety Manager, with whom teams coordinate before initiating any field work. They discuss the location, receive updated information on community spread around the work site, and discuss their ability to social distance while executing the work. All field crews travel with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipes to disinfect regularly used items, latex or nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer or hand sanitizing wipes, and disinfecting spray. In addition, we have limited vehicle capacity to two employees at a time and where possible, employees are traveling alone.
Overall, our response is structured to align with our Core Values:
- Client Service Excellence: We are staying in constant communication with our clients and keeping their health and safety at the forefront by making the decision to close all 11 of our locations across four states.
- Innovation: Having made significant investments in mobility and collaboration over the last few years, including supplying nearly every team member with a laptop, our IT team enabled a seamless transition to remote work – and they continue to work tirelessly to ensure uninterrupted access to the technology needed to serve our clients.
- Teamwork: Groups across our Operational and Corporate Service Teams are in constant communication, utilizing every platform at our disposal not only to discuss our work but also to engage each other socially and buoy our spirits during such uncertain times.
- Performance: Our team members are continuing to perform at the top of their capabilities, knowing that timely communication and efficient client solutions are more important now than ever.
- Learning: We remain in an active learning mode during this crisis – the circumstances have presented opportunities to explore new technologies, virtual meeting systems and more, and our team members have responded with enthusiasm, embracing the changes and seeking out advanced functionalities and additional options on their own.
- Stewardship: We are holding firm to our commitment to be a positive, highly engaged member of each community in which we operate – including monetary donations to organizations supporting front-line workers and to a program that supplies laptops to underserved students in western PA for remote learning access.
The situation is ever-changing, and decisions are being made frequently, but LDG will continue to keep its team members and clients updated on every action that impacts our business and our communities. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your key contacts within Larson Design Group or contact us.