In a highly visible commitment to uphold the overarching principles and values of the civil engineering profession, Larson Design Group has signed the 2018 American Council of Engineering Companies “Pledge to Pennsylvania.” The pledge outlines the ACEC’s statewide commitment to health and safety, honesty, fairness, communication and providing quality service and is posted on the ACEC/PA website to promote transparency and accountability.
“LDG is dedicated to live and breathe these values in everything we do,” said CEO Keith Kuzio. “Our employee-owners are pleased to abide by and uphold these principles of professional and ethical practice along with colleagues from many other like-minded engineering firms across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.”
The pledge reads as follows:
“As members of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania and as an important and learned profession, we recognize that our work has a direct and vital impact on the quality of life for all Pennsylvanians. ACEC/PA Members have pledged an oath and commit themselves and their firms to:
- First, hold paramount the health and welfare of the public in the performance of our professional duties.
- Second, require honesty, impartiality, and fairness on behalf of the public, clients, employees, firms and the profession that we represent.
- Third, act in professional matters for each client as faithful agents.
- Fourth, enhance excellence in the business and human resource management of our firms by working to improve our individual and collective performance.
- Fifth, communicate openly and timely – seeking a comprehensive understanding of the issues involving professional work and services.
- Sixth, provide quality services and develop projects that result in value for our clients, satisfaction for team members, and respect and distinction for the American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania and the consulting engineering profession.
- Seventh, encourage excellence by striving to create and deliver superior service.
- Eighth, allocate the time and resources to support and promote the goals and actions of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania.”